HILLSCAPES – FOUR STAR GRADING
We have just recently easily achieved our four-star grading for the second year running and a full report is summarised as follows
Hillscapes is owner run and offers you the ideal opportunity to relax and restore your soul. Situated in the picturesque town of Port Alfred, come and let Owen and Jo-Anne share their life-style with you. The property is set amidst an award winning landscape, sleeps 8 guests in 4 luxury en-suite rooms. Enjoy home cooked meals around a family size table, join Owen and Jo-Anne for walks on the beach or just lounge around the pool or enjoy their library of books.
- The garden’s focal point is the wetlandarea.
- The building is well maintained and fully secured with security beams.
- The building is well lit.
- Signage is easily seen from the street.
- Guests parking is available in neat brick paved area.
- Four en-suite rooms all have own entrance.
- Percale linen is used to add that extra feel of luxury. A turn down service provides that extra touch.
- Each room has a TV and coffee tea station with a selection of beverages and a mini bar fridge.
- The rooms are all tastefully decorated in a style that promotes tranquillity and relaxation.
Shared / Public Areas: Strengths
A focal point of the shared area’s is the open plan kitchen and family size dining table. Guests are encouraged to participate in meal preps or just sit and chat. The lounge areas are broken up by the activity or view, sit in the library or watch some TV or enjoy the view. In the evenings sit around the porcelain fire pit and enjoy some great conversation. Alternatively enjoy the hidden treasures in the garden.
Breakfast and Dining Facilities: Strengths
The dining area is open plan to the kitchen and is family style seating. The food is all homemade and uses local produce as far as possible. Enjoy healthy breakfast, a light lunch or a hearty dinner. Enjoy Owen and Jo-Anne’s culinary genius or prepare your own meal. Food is of superb quality.
General Services and Service Strengths
The online booking system runs seamlessly, guests are welcomed as old friends and many excursions can be arranged from the guesthouse. Owen and Jo-Anne provide a wealth of knowledge of the area and often join the excursions.
The live-in housekeepers keep the rooms clean, neat and tidy daily. They are friendly and happy to accommodate guest requests.
Undoubtedly, there were no areas of improvement that we needed to look at, so we are very delighted to report that we have achieved a high level of grading. We are looking forward to hosting visitors in the upcoming summer in Port Alfred. Please see our website for other blogs at www.hillscapessa.co.za or contact us on the following numbers: +27 82 570 5858 or +27 46 624 1429